When the first edition of The International Motor Racing Guide was published in 1995 (then titled The Guinness Guide to International Motor Racing), it quickly established itself as an indispensable reference for journalists and motorsports enthusiasts alike. Now in this revised and updated second edition, author Peter Higham offers over 40 percent new and enhanced content.
Among the expanded sections are Formula 1 (including all non-championship races), NASCAR Winston Cup, CART, Indy Racing League, and all major series past and present. The history of these major championships is presented in extraordinary depth: races, results, drivers, teams, cars, circuits, rules, and records Features of The International Motor Racing Guide include:
- F1 World Championship
- Grand Prix Racing before
- 1950 Indianapolis
- 500 CART Indy Racing League
- Le Mans 24 Hours
- European F2 Championship
- International Formula 3000 Championship European
- F3 Championship
- World Sports Car Championship
- National championships and circuits
- A-Z of drivers and manufacturers
Additional features of this outstanding reference include:
- Detailed coverage of national championships and events in more than thirty countries, with full race histories and circuit details.
- An A-Z directory of over 2,000 drivers, past and present, with full biographical details and records of all major championship and race wins.
- Coverage of past series such as the Can-Am Challenge and Tasman Cup.
Published in association with RACER magazine in America and Autosport in Great Britain, and illustrated with over 270 photographs and 225 circuit maps, this updated International Motor Racing Guide is now established as the "bible" that motor racing fans have been waited for.